ServicesGamechanger can be engaged for a
shorter consultation or on-going work
for many seasons of success.
& COLLEGIATE Transition
FounderS President Ryan Clark
Through hands-on experience, Ryan has a complete lens into the sport needs of cities, clubs, athletes, coaches, and how they connect with other key stakeholders such as local businesses, media, city and school district officials. He has competed, coached and worked in professional sport, built major community and international events, and has led multi-sport and provincial associations in planning, policy, and program development. Gamechanger can be engaged for a short or longer projects, for many seasons of success.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF PORT COQUITLAM SPORTS ALLIANCE (inaugural E.D.)
(Joint initiative with City and School District 43)
- Responsibilities Include: With the Board of Directors develop the associations strategic plan and vision, service all local sports clubs and teams, work with the City on their sports policies, programs, and new facility capital plans as well as oversee the new Centre for Sport Development.
- Player Responsilbities Include: Working with elite athletes transition between residency to collegiate or professional play, build pipelines with university scouts across North America, and oversee club recruitment tools and workshops that service academy players across seven provinces.
- Showcase Responsbilities include: Manage partnerships with City of Surrey staff, official hotels, and suppliers as well as recruitment of international teams and university coaches.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF TENNIS BC
(Provincial governing body for the sport)
- Responsibilities Included: Servicing a membership of 17,000+ individuals, 85 member clubs, and over 100 annual sanctioned events. Working closely with municipal leaders across BC on community programming. Senior editor for the association’s quarterly magazine.
- Highlights Included: In-School PE program grew delivery to over 40,000 students annually, launching programs accessible for inner-city children, managing long-term corporate partnerships with industry leaders such as Hilton, Miele, Rogers, and Adidas.
PRESIDENT OF COLLEGE KNOWLEDGE
- Responsibilities Included: Working in partnership with multiple provincial and national sport associations to build recruiting pipelines and scouting camps for their athletes and member clubs.
- Highlights Included: Successfully working with over 450 student-athletes and their families in multiple sports to gain collegiate academic and athletic scholarships to schools major universities across North America.
Event / Management:
EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT TEAM FOR KITSFEST
- Responsibilities Include: Site preparation, player registration, communications, sponsorship, and scheduling
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR FOR THE $200,000
ODLUM BROWN VANOPEN 2003-2015
- Responsibilities Included: Event operations, communications and relations with the agents, players, coaches, and tour officials
EVENT MANAGER FOR 2012 DAVIS CUP:
CANADA VS. FRANCE
- Responsibilities Included: Site selection, stakeholder engagements, marketing, and media events
EVENT MANAGER FOR 2007 FED CUP:
CANADA VS. ISRAEL
- Responsibilities Included: Site selection, stakeholder engagements, city relations, marketing, and media events
PAN-AMERICAN GAMES TEAM HEAD COACH IN 2003
- Responsibilities Included: Team management, preparation, liaise with Team Canada support staff
INTERIM-NATIONAL COACH FOR EGYPT
BASED IN CAIRO
- Responsibilities Included: Working with coaching staff and athletes ages 14 to 21 in preparation for the African Games
- Competed on professional tennis tour and held a world ranking in both singles and doubles for six years.
- Held sponsorships with Nike, Oakley, and PowerBar
- University of Illinois team captain and MVP
- Three-time All Big Ten Conference Award winner
- Won the NCAA Div.1 Regional Rookie of the Year Award
- Hollyburn Country Club
- Jericho Tennis Club
- Steve Nash Sports Clubs
Vice President BethanY Clark
With extensive experience in business development, Bethany has worked with leading interntational consumer product companies in their province-wide distribution and has personally won individual awards for her sales and innovation. She has a comprehensive background in sport club management; overseeing all facets of staffing, budgets, and programming. Her experience includes athlete development both at the grass-roots and international level, as she served as Canada's World University Games Team tennis manager and coach in Shenzhen, China. Bethany has also designed and implemented multiple "Active Start" level sport programs for beginners, including inner-city youth and community groups.
STEVE NASH SPORTS CLUBS:
- Has managed the Richmond based tennis and swim facility since the Steve Nash Sports Clubs retained the facility in 2009. She oversees all professional and member-services staff as well.
- Highlights Include: Has worked with her team to develop a strong and consistent revenue stream of programs that engages all ages from tots through to adults and seniors. Has run numerous tournaments from entry level juniors through to advanced adult. Partnered with Babolat to provide champions of a mixed doubles series with a trip and VIP passes to the 2012 French Open.
DIGITAL MEDIA STRATEGIST
- With world headquarters based in France, a global leader in rackets, apparel, shoes, and equipment for multiple court based sports. Bethany has worked with their Canadian team on their national digital media strategy and engagement.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING COUNSELLOR
- Has overseen province-wide business development with over 40 retail clients through L'Oreal's premier skincare line, Skin Ceuticals. She worked closely with doctors and business owners on partnerships, clients events, and sales planning. Her work included training staff and store managers in advanced techniques for skincare.
BC PROVINCIAL ACCOUNTANT EXECUTIVE
- Worked with over over 100 wholesale and retail clients province-wide, from local to international retailers. This included sales, marketing, and key product placement initiatives. She also worked on General Mills 2010 Olympic initiatives as official partners of the Games.
ASSISTANT TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR FOR THE $200,000 ODLUM BROWN VANOPEN
- Responsibilities include player services and assistance with all aspect of game-day operations.
WORLD UNIVERSITY GAMES 2011:
TEAM MANAGER AND HEAD COACH
- Worked with the national and Canada Olympic sport organizations in all aspects of team preparation that included: team selection, travel documents, transportation planning, training, on-site coaching, and daily management.
JERICHO TENNIS CLUB
- Programming for over 200 entry and intermediate level youth to introduce them to sport and help them develop valuable hand-eye coordination and motor skills.
- Graduated magnum cum laude in the International Business Honours Program from Sam Houston State University in Texas.
- Received a full athletic scholarship while competing in NCAA Division 1 competition.
- Hollyburn Country Club
- Jericho Tennis Club
- Steve Nash Sports Clubs
Advisory TeamWe work closely with
accomplished experts in sport SYSTEMS...
Clientsthese sport leaders HAVE ENGAGED OUR SERVICES TO SUPPORT THEIR VISION…
City of Port Coquitlam's Advisory for Sport
The Port Coquitlam Sports Alliance was developed as part of a collaborative sport strategy that engaged senior city and school district staff and officials as well as local club leaders. The unanimously approved outcome was an independent group of experts that serve as the regions voice for sport that provides programs and services for all of the clubs, teams, coaches and athletes of all ages and abilities.pocosport.com
$20,000 Professional World-Ranking Cycling Event
A world-class professional cycling competition that is part of the BC Superweek Series. The event includes youth, corporate, and professional men's and women's races along wtih entertainment venues across the downtown corridor for all ages. Event race draws competitors from across the globe for fast-paced competition with fast straight-aways and hair-pin turns.www.pocograndprix.com
British Columbia's largest health and fitness club network
Steve Nash Fitness World and Sports Club has become the premier destination for health and fitness in BC. Through their 18 locations they have led the way to making healthly active lifestyles accessible for everyone. They are also affliated with fitness clubs around the world including Crunch, Hard Candy Fitness, and UFC Gyms.snclubs.com
GLOBAL LEADER IN RACQUETS AND COURT SPORTS EQUIPMENT
Founded in Lyon, France in 1875, Babolat invented racquet strings and is the oldest company specializing in racquet sports. Their products are the choice of top world-ranked professionals around the world in tennis, badminton, and padel. They also have a wide range of high quality apparel and court shoes for the performance driven athlete.babolat.com
MLS PROFESSIONAL SOCCER CLUB
The Vancouver Whitecaps FC are Western Canada's professional Major League Soccer team based in Vancouver, British Columbia. The Whitecaps were the 17th team added to MLS. In addition to their professional teams, they also operate an extensive youth development system that involves their Boys Residency and Girls Elite programs as well as oversee their Whitecaps FC Academy Centres across Western Canada.whitecapsfc.com
Raising funds and awareness to enhance health and wellness in the community
The Peace Arch Hospital Foundation is a health leader in BC's South Surrey-White Rock region. This includes leadership in Healthy Community Committees, with City partnership building all-access / all-abilities playgrounds, and integratation of Physical Literacy into multiple pillars of the regions programming for youth through to advanced ages.www.pahfoundation.ca
One of Canada's leading community soccer clubs
Coquitlam Metro Ford Soccer Club is regarded as one of Canada’s largest and most successful clubs. It has produced many professional and Olympic players as well national team players at both the junior and adult levels. Programs begin at U5 and continue through youth and into the open premier levels. The top youth teams compete in the VMSL Metro and EA Sports Premier League (SPL).cmfsc.ca
Vancouver's Top Beach & Community Sport Festival
Located at the renowned Kitsilano Beach, this event began in 2009 and is working towards becoming Canada’s largest beach sport festival. KitsFest involves thousands of competitors and spectators annually through its multiple sport competitions in Beach Volleyball, Basketball, Tennis, and partners with the Lululemon Sunset Yoga event.kitsfest.com
$200,000 US professional prize money event
This annual event began in 2002 and grew exponentially to become the world's larget ATP/ITF challenger series event on tour. Prize money grew to $200,000 US prize money and positioned as an annual lead into the US Open. Hosted at the Hollyburn Country Club, this competition attracted professional from across the globe. The event has been the developing ground for Canada’s best as well as for some of the world’s elite players.vanopen.com
WESTERN CANADA'S LARGEST SOCCER SHOWCASE
The Whitecaps FC Showcase event annually draws over 1,800 top youth players from across Canada, US, along with select international academies. In addition over 100+ university and college scouts from across North America attend (NCAA, NJCAA, CIS/U Sports, CCAA). The tourism STEAM report estimates a local economic impact of $2.9 million for the 3 day event.whitecapsfc.com/showcase